In 2002, three independent log home consultants decided to work together under the name Timber Technology Network (TTN). As TimberLogic LLC (since 2006), the original objective continues on today — providing a team of experts of varied disciplines to answer the needs of those involved in the log and timber home industry. Focusing on testing, research and development, design, and engineering, the team and focus continue to evolve.
One mission of TimberLogic is to produce a series of high end, quality reports, guidelines, and documents that enhance productivity and quality in the design and construction of log and timber buildings. In 2004, we began to develop these tools and have helped implement them at several companies.
TimberLogic Reports apply recognized methods, standards, and ICC code requirements to evaluate building system performance. The process and the resulting reports have been used to:
- Inform/educate employees, design professionals and building officials
- Link sales, pricing/estimating, design/engineering, and production to enhance productivity
- Provide guidance in design/construction processes
- Demonstrate green attributes per ICC700 National Green Building Standard, and
- Provide quick and accurate reference for decision making.
Beyond TimberLogic Reports, the TimberLogic team has collaborated on an assortment of projects including:
- Technical support of the Log Homes Council Log Grading Program
- ICC-ES Evaluation Reports — applying/creating Acceptance Criteria, testing, formulating design values, and drafting the report
- Creation of building documentation for individual home projects — plans, cut lists, details, etc.